WTSQ is more than a radio station. We are a hub for the talent and creativity in our community. We serve Charleston, West Virginia and the greater Kanawha Valley with independent music curated and hosted by fifty passionate volunteers.
We’ve been on the air for a little more than eighteen months. In that brief time, we’ve become embedded in the life of the Charleston area. Countless local musicians have played at the station. We regularly interview folks from local non-profits, creative groups, and businesses. You may have seen us at events like Live on the Levee and ArtWalk.
We are here because we love Charleston and want to make it the best place it can be.
From March 31 – April 7, we want to raise $15,000. That money goes straight to our operating costs – things like rent, utilities, and web hosting. Microphones, computers, and cables. Funds from this year’s drive will also help us relaunch an updated WTSQ.org website, a project that will cost several thousand dollars.
Just a friendly reminder that the Addiction Awareness Benefit concert at the Boulevard Tavern is less than two weeks away.
Tonight’s show will be normal, but a week from today we’ll have member of 69 Fingers on again via phone, as well as (hopefully) other guests. I want this to be a big push to get the word out about a great show and a better cause.
This is solely just to test out the functionality. But hell, while I’m here I hope you listened to the show Monday, January 30th.
We had on Steve and Brian from the 69 Fingers, a former hometown ska band who went off to Florida, call into the show. Many of the local members of 69 Fingers have been a part of other area bands, such as the Tom McGee’s, Super Heavyduty, and Beggars Clan. 69 Fingers is coming back in March for a benefit show.
We’ll also post playlists here. isn’t this better than coming to my personal blog?
See you Monday at 8 p.m. on http://wtsq.org
Join us on Thursday, December 15 from 5:00-8:00 for the final Art Walk of 2016. Mick Wiseman and the WTSQ Crew will be live at Romano & Associates with music and merch to make your holiday shopping experience special. Give the gift of good musical taste with some WTSQ gear this year.
WTSQ Sustaining Member Drive 2016
WVIFF & WTSQ Present: Sex & Broadcasting
Join WTSQ for the Opening Night of the West Virginia International
Film Festival – Friday, Oct 21st
Director, Tim Smith, will be onsite for a Q&A after the film
Live Performance by Sign of the Fig to conclude the night
Tickets available at:
Join WTSQ for the Opening Night of the West Virginia International Film Festival – Friday, Oct 21st Director, Tim Smith, will be onsite for a Q&A after the film Live Performance by Sign of the Fig to conclude the night Tickets available at: www.wviff.org
WTSQ’s new mobile app is available on Apple and Android.
Version 3.0 Features:
– Real-time display of Artist, Song, and Artist Art & Bio.
– Ability to favorite tracks and display the last 10 previously played tracks.
– Links to our Store, Program Schedule, Social Media, Song Requests, Contact, and Call Station button.
– Higher bitrate of audio than other streaming apps (TuneIn, iHeart, etc) with NO commerical breaks!
– Lock screen controls & Chromecast support!!!
** Note: You must uninstall Old App and Install new App via links below
UPDATE 7/7/2016 @ 7:00pm: Lineup Schedule Available & Additional Info
-PALE NOVA: 2:20-2:50
-OF THE DELL: 3:20-3:50
-GROOVE HEAVY: 4:20-5:00
-GYPSY RHYTHM: 5:30-6:10
-CHARLESTON ROGUES: 6:10-6:50
-SHIVERING TIMBERS: 7:20-8:00
-BEGGAR’S CLAN: 8:30-9:30
-WEGMANN BROS: 2:10-2:40
-ADAM COX & BETH SEGESSENMAN: 3:00-3:30
-PETE KOSK: 3:50-4:20
-SPENCER ELLIOTT: 4:50-5:20
-THE BROTHER SISTERS: 5:40-6:10
-SEAN RICHARDSON: 6:30-7:00
-MIKE PUSHKIN: 7:20-7:50
-HOLLY & THE GUY: 8:10-8:40
-JEFF ELLIS: 9:00-10:00
As we gather all the bands, chill the drinks, and prep the burgers & dogs, we wanted to inform you that your ticket(s) will be at Will Call. Simply show up to the event with either your ID or a copy of your purchase email.
- Parking is Free (park on the East End of the Columbia Pipeline Building – signs will be posted)
- Doors open @ 1:30pm. Music starts shortly after 2pm. Party ends @11:30pm.
- Food is available from Bridge Road Bistro – options include: Hamburger, Hot Dog x 2, or Vegan Burger meal for $10 (chips, cookie, and side included). Soft drinks are $1.50
- Beer and Wine drinks are available for 1 drink voucher – Vouchers range from $5 for 1 ticket or $20 for 5 tickets.
- WTSQ can process credit cards for: event tickets, meal tickets, drink vouchers, and WTSQ merch
- Local artisans will be showcasing their wares. (Keep in mind some artisans are cash only)
- The American Red Cross will be onsite to collect monetary donations and/or sign up volunteers for flood relief efforts.
- #WVFlood efforts. Donate the following: bug spray, sun screen, pet food, diapers, or cleaning wipes at the Anniversary Event and get a free WTSQ Cup and Sticker as our way of saying thank you for helping our neighbors.
- Intoxi-Taxi from C&H Taxi is available. Please Anniversary responsibly – we’d like to see you next year too.
- After-Party @ BLVD Tavern!
So get rested up and help us celebrate one year of Rockin’ In The Free World!
UPDATE 6/23/2016 @ Midnight: Lineup available
UPDATE 6/22/2016: PRESALE TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!! Lineup to be announced today on Afternoon Show with Josh Gaffin
Holy crap it’s been a wild and fun year! Come celebrate with us Saturday July 9th.
All of our friends will be there: local musicians, local artisans, local food, and local brews.
Event starts @ 2pm – we are ironing out the graphics and fine details. But it’s going to be a blast!
PreSale tickets are $15 (and $20 at the door)
VIP PreSale tickets are $40 which includes: Ticket, Anniversary Edition Friends of WTSQ Blue & Gold print T-shirt, WTSQ bumper sticker, Anniversary Event Poster, and 1 drink voucher.
More details to follow.
New Shows June 2017:
Monday-Friday 10am – Noon Morning Mix with Mya
Monday 8pm – 9pm Beats without Borders (new times slot!)
Wednesday 6pm – 8pm Sit ‘n Spin with Mike Pushkin (new time slot!)
Wednesday 8pm – 9pm Freak Show
Wednesday 11pm – 1am Clarity
Friday Live On The Levee (Live broadcast of Levee performances all summer long!)
Friday 9pm – 11pm Attention Please
Saturday 8pm – 10pm Welcome The Night (now a 2 hour performance!)
Saturday Midnight – 1am Radio Smut
New Shows 9-5-2016:
Sunday 1pm-2pm Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour
Sunday 5pm-6pm Trop Rock with Sailor Rob
Wednesday 6pm-7pm Generation Why?
Saturday 6am-8am Folk Music
Saturday 8am-9am Bringing Sexy Bach
Saturday 11am-12pm Home Grown
Saturday 4pm-6pm The Anti-Hour
Saturday 9pm-10pm Welcome The Night