Celtic Calling – 3/1-3/6
West Virginias Premier Celtic Festival returns to Charleston on March 1st – March 6th!
The 6th Celtic Calling Gathering is a celebration of Celtic arts, culture, and traditions. Festival highlights include:
– 5K Kilt Run
– Irish Group Téada’
– A Celtic Village with Clans
– Cows and Crafts
– Theatre, Film, Irish road bowling
– On March 5th at 3 pm there will be an attempt to reach the Guinness World Record’s largest gathering of people wearing unicorn horns in the Celtic Village at Davis Park.
– On March 5th, right after the gathering in David Park, a Capitol Street Parade follows.
– Music: Irish Traditional Music Group – Teada. Celtic Rock Fusion – The Company Stores. Ambient Folk -Autumn Equinox. Traditional – Tim and Maggie, St. Albans Scottish Fiddle Group. Celtic Shindig – The Charleston Rogues. Almost Heaven Dulcimer Group. Bagpipe Bands and Solo and Group Performance. Workshops and Sessions/Jams.
– Dance: Mountain Dance, Lincoln County Cloggers, Will Roboski.
– Comedy: Stephanie Hall.
– Film: Galician ‘Red Moon Tide’.
– Theater: Mother Tongue, 5 Playwright Contest Winners.
– Kanawha County Main Library also has online, zoom content all week.