Sound Checks with Tofujitsu and Bombadil (10/11/19)
A few things to note if you’ve never been to Sound Checks:
- You can buy tickets here.
- Enter at the back of the Clay Center, the Walker Theatre entrance. (Brooks Street side of the Clay Center)
- Once inside give your ticket to the person at the door and they will direct you to the backstage of Maier Hall, the larger theatre stage (it’s not in the Walker Theatre).
- An intimate setting with a small band stage on the actual stage of Maier Hall in the Clay Center. The rest of the stage has tables to sit at, as well as high top cocktail tables.
- Bars are set up so you can get something to drink.
- Lots of room for dancing!
The acts that night were Tofujitsu (with locals Karen Allen and Sean Richardson) whose harmonies and music were captivating. Bombadil is a three man band from North Carolina with harmonies that reminded me of Simon and Garfunkel.